SAISD Middle School Dress Code Policy
- All shirts/blouses/dresses will be at least three fingers wide on the shoulder. Low-cut, suggestive, see-through, or revealing clothing, including bare midriffs, are not acceptable.
- Shirts/Blouses/Sweaters/Sweatshirts will be sized appropriately.
- Shirts and Blouses must be tucked in unless they are shorter in length than the student's extended fingertips
- Pants/Shorts/Skorts may not be more than one waist size larger than the actual waist size of the student.
- Shorts/Skirts/Skort/dresses will be no shorter than extended fingertips.
- No spaghetti straps, tank tops or visible under clothing will be permitted. Low-cut suggestive, see-through, or revealing clothing is not acceptable.
- Sagging is not allowed. Pants must be worn no lower than the point of the hip.
- No pajama bottoms are to be worn.
- Appropriate shoes/boots are to be worn at all times. No house slippers may be worn.
- Skintight attire is not acceptable. This includes bike shorts and spandex.
- Students may not wear unusual costumes that attract attention and detract from the learning atmosphere. This includes unusual hairstyles or hair coloring.
- Clothing with vulgar or indecent slogans, pictures that show violence or drug-related characters, or alcoholic beverage or tobacco advertisements will not be permitted
- Any attire related to negative group behavior (gangs, etc.) will not be permitted.
- Sunglasses may not be worn in the building.
- Chains are not allowed.
- All forms of headgear (hats, caps, headbands, bandanas, etc.) are not acceptable. Such items will be confiscated. Students may keep a cap in their athletic/Band/PE locker for sun protection during outside activities.
- Visible body piercing shall be limited to ear piercing, nose & tongue studs. All other visible piercings, including retainers, are prohibited.
- Overalls must fit and be fastened appropriately.
- Students' hair will be clean and well groomed at all times and shall not obstruct vision.
- Any other attire or grooming that is perceived by the administration, as being detrimental tothe education process will not be allowed.
- Tattoos that are allowed to be visible will be at the discretion of the campus administrator. Tattoos that are considered to be gang related, vulgar or offensive will not be permitted to be visible.
- Holes and/or shredding on jeans, pants etc. are not permitted above the skirts or shorts length guideline.
The principal shall determine if any item, not covered by this dress code, is disruptive to the learning environment or creates a safety concern. It shall be dealt with on an individual basis.